3. Backup databases
As always, backup all your databases before starting any manipulations!
4. Laragon - Updating MySQL
- Download the latest Community Server (x86, 64-bit) MySQL version as a ZIP archive from dev.mysql.com into your \Downloads\ folder.
- The packed file is named for instance mysql-8.0.32-winx64.zip.
- Unpack the downloaded ZIP archive in a folder with the same name, for instance mysql-8.0.32-winx64.
- Move the complete \mysql-8.0.32-winx64\ folder to the \bin\mysql\ folder of your Laragon installation.
5. MySQL Reset root password
In case you ever forget the root user password, Laragon provides an easy way to reset it.
- In the menu, select MySQL → Reset and generate a random password to root.
The default user for any fresh installed database driver is username root with no password.