3. Laragon - Updating PHP
- Download the latest Win32-vs16-x64 version from windows.php.net into your \Downloads\ folder.
- The packed file is named for instance php-8.2.3-Win32-vs16-x64.zip.
- Unpack the downloaded ZIP archive in a folder with the same name, for instance php-8.2.3-Win32-vs16-x64.
- Move the complete \php-8.2.3-Win32-vs16-x64\ folder to the \bin\php\ folder of your Laragon installation.
4. Configure the current PHP
Sometimes you want to customize your PHP installation. In the PHP section of the Laragon Menu, there are options to :
- quickly set some common PHP settings
- edit the php values in the php. ini file
- enable or disable PHP extensions
In my specific case, I always change these values in the php.ini file :
realpath_cache_size = 10M date.timezone = 'Europe/Brussels' memory_limit = 4G