3. Laragon - Updating PHP
- Download the latest Win32-vc15-x64 or Win32-vs16-x64 PHP version from windows.php.net into your \Downloads\ folder.
- The packed file is named for instance php-7.4.16-Win32-vc15-x64.zip.
- Unpack the downloaded ZIP archive in a folder with the same name, for instance php-7.4.16-Win32-vc15-x64.
- Move the complete \php-7.4.16-Win32-vc15-x64\ folder to the \bin\php\ folder of your Laragon installation.
4. Configure the current PHP
Sometimes you want to customize your PHP installation. In the PHP section of the Laragon Menu, there are options to :
- quickly set some common PHP settings
- edit the php values in the php. ini file
- enable or disable PHP extensions
In my specific case I allways change these values :
5. PHP 8.x.x
The (free) Laragon application is not compatible with PHP 8.x.x yet. The author has to release an update to Laragon coping with some major changes in PHP module and extension naming conventions. Let’s be patient and give him the time to do so.
If you really need PHP 8.x.x support right now, there are some forum posts mentioning the corrections you’ll have to make manually. But keep in mind that switching back and forth between 7.xx and 8.xx requires manual interventions.